EXPERIENCED STOCK CONTROLLER / STOCKPORT / £27,500 + BENEFITS
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Stock Controller to join a growing Purchasing & Logistics team, working with manufacturers and the global supply chain to help improve operational excellence.
Named one of the “Prolific North” top 75 Tech & Ecommerce companies, Digital ID are one of the UK’s fastest growing organisations. We’ve helped over 25,000 businesses create safe and secure workspaces, supplying them with the latest in ID card and access control innovation. With over three decades of experience, we’re transforming the future of identification and access control.
We’re looking for a Stock Controller to help deliver amazing customer service. Only apply if you’re trustworthy, focused on achieving individual and team success, and ready to help reach our company goals. If this sounds like you, apply for this experienced Stock Controller role today and join over 100 staff members across four offices in the UK and Europe to experience our winning culture for yourself.
What’s in it for me?
- Sociable hours, 24 holidays per year + bank holidays
- Competitive starting salary of £27,500 PA
- Career progression opportunities
- Pension scheme & health insurance plan
- Potential for hybrid home working
- Free parking & cycle to work scheme with onsite shower facility
- Employee assistance program – access for you and your family to confidential 24/7 counselling, financial/debt management, and family & childcare advice
- Childcare scheme
- Generous overtime rates, annual bonus
Key Responsibilities of the Stock Controller:
- Inventory optimisation through strong planning based on sales history & forecasting.
- Proactively monitor sales vs goods on order ensuring actions are taken to minimise both stock outages & overstocking.
- Working closely with the sales and purchasing teams to ensure optimum sales and margin performance.
- Ensure supplier purchase orders are fulfilled within the agreed delivery time, tracking progress and proactively resolving any issues.
- Ongoing analysis of suppliers to understand weaknesses and strengths to improve service.
- Provide reporting to monitor both supplier performance and sales trends.
- Liaise with warehouse and customer service departments to help maintain our excellent customer service levels.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Must be able to demonstrate a good level of experience in stock control and/or material planning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with both the supply chain and colleagues.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential.
- Working within a culture of continual improvement, must have the ability to bring a fresh set of ideas.
- Determined, focused and positive attitude.
- Proficient in using MS applications including Excel, Outlook and experience of SAP-type stock systems.
- Experience of import/export customs procedures preferrable.
- Ability to work well under pressure at a fast pace towards very short deadlines.
If you have the passion we are looking for, apply for this brand-new experienced Stock Controller position now for immediate consideration!