SERVICE & LOGISTICS MANAGER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
Fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Logistics / Supply Chain professional to join a world leading organisation. You can expect an excellent working environment, leading a dynamic team.
Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
We are looking for a highly motivated Service & Logistics Manager to join our dynamic team. You will provide logistics and freight sourcing Management input to Rapiscan UK Detection sites for all UK finished goods, spares and service requirements.
The Service & Logistics Manager will work closely with project management, engineering, quality, supply chain and production departments to deliver the best total cost / quality solution.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Service & Logistics Manager:
- Manage critical supply relationships and strategies as agreed with line management.
- Active participation as Logistics lead to UK Business Units.
- The implementation and use of a cohesive selection and evaluation process for all current and new logistical / freight suppliers.
- Development and growth of strategic supplier agreements for freight / logistics suppliers.
- Responsible for leading policy and developing a strategy to deliver year over year savings.
- Establishing performance management criteria for the category and suppliers including benchmark costs.
- Review, develop and implement processes and procedures necessary to ensure effective selection, maintenance and development of Rapiscan freight/logistics suppliers.
- Responsible for the continuous Improvement of inbound and outbound freight.
- Coach and mentor all members of the supply chain team.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations to meet customer demands and expectations
- Monitor cash flow by working with finance to arrange the payment terms and methodologies for exchanging funds across entities within the supply chain.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of Rapiscan long-term business and market needs.
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) Awareness and Analysis, this will include identifying factors beyond acquisition price: cost of warranty, inventory, and transportation.
- Total Cost reduction including reporting of Material Price / Service Cost Variance and benchmaking.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Transactional accuracy / timeliness
- IncoTerm compliance
- CILT Membership
- HND Level Education
- Formal Logistical or Supply Chain professional qualification/experience
- Good understanding of Import/Export Compliance and IncoTerms
If you have the skills and experience required to take on this fantastic new Service & Logistics Manager position, we would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.