PRODUCTION ENGINEER / ST NEOTS / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Do you have a background in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering? Looking for an exciting new challenge? If so, this Production Engineer position could be perfect for you! You will be joining a world leading organisation that puts its people first.
OSI Systems companies have a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. Our OSI Electronics (OSIE) division is a diversified manufacturer of electronic devices and value-added manufacturing services.
The Production Engineer will be key to ensuring production equipment, plant and services maintenance is completed, plus service and support OSI’s Europlacer equipment.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan & Life assurance
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- Good working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Production Engineer:
- Participate in meetings with (potential) customers on or off-site providing an insight into capabilities.
- Analysis of customer requirements to ensure we have the capability to provide the manufacturing service requested. Review product/design for manufacturability.
- Preparation of BOMs and product specific routes using the company ERP system.
- Create process machine programs, build instructions and drawings, and design and order tooling required for projects.
- Assist in order review process (contract review).
- Manage/perform planned preventative maintenance.
- Review existing processes on a regular basis and implement improvements.
- Assist with process defect analysis including 8D reviews.
- Analysis of customer data to facilitate DFM improvements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in similar Production / Maintenance Engineer role
- HND or B.S, in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Electronics component knowledge to enable proficient selection (from provided specification) of components during the creation of a bill of materials, or alternative selection
- Knowledge of SMT, through-hole and mechanical assembly processes
- Experience of designing assembly jigs and fixtures.
- Familiarity with IPC-A-610 assembly standards
- Awareness of design for manufacture for electro-mechanical assemblies
- Awareness of circuit board test processes and APQP techniques such as FMEA
- Ideally experienced in use of ERP systems, mechanical CAD systems (SolidWorks/ZWCAD), GC Prevue
Ready to join the team?
Get in touch TODAY. Submit your CV for this new Production Engineer position for immediate consideration.