OPERATIONS TEAM LEAD / BICESTER (OXFORDSHIRE) / £35,000 – £40,000 & BENEFITS
Alces Flight Ltd designs and develops innovative software for HPC/supercomputer systems across the UK. We are advocates of open-source software and strongly believe in community-driven development. We have a wide customer base in multiple market sectors including academic/research institutions, life sciences, banking, manufacturing and Formula One.
As we continue to rapidly expand our operations, we are looking for an experienced Operations Team Lead to join us on our journey.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary (up to £40,000)
- Exposure to challenging projects, cutting-edge technologies and daily learning opportunities.
- Generous group pension scheme.
- Small team with a relaxed working environment in a young up-and-coming company.
- Training/book allowance.
- Flexible working hours – we promote a healthy work/life balance culture.
- Friendly social atmosphere with regular social events.
Key Responsibilities of the Operations Team Lead:
- Lead and manage our growing operations team.
- Oversee and manage general availability of customer supercomputers across the UK by ensuring that our SLAs and internal case resolution targets are hit.
- Day-to-day, be involved in progressing a wide range of issues to resolution, involving both software and hardware.
- Documenting and maintaining standard processes and procedures.
- Coordinate members of the Operations team as well as onsite field engineers.
- Be exposed to large-scale computer systems and supercomputers, as well as emerging technologies such as public and private IaaS.
What you’re good at:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to make quick decisions with confidence.
- Organised with the ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritise.
- You’ve been around computers and the IT industry since an early age.
- Enjoy working individually as well as collaborating as part of a team.
- Your interests/skills have particular emphasis on open-source software and Linux environments.
- You enjoy working with others, both technical and nontechnical.
- You like solving problems; you get a kick out of being the best in the business.
Our ideal person:
- Has a demonstrable background in customer service with good interpersonal skills.
- Is a fast mover and has a strong drive to build a career in cutting-edge development and administration.
- Has a can-do personality, comfortable with communication at all levels both inside and outside of the company.
- Has degree level education in a relevant subject.
- Has experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Ruby, Python.
If you have the passion and skillset to take on this exciting new Operations Team Lead role, we want to hear from you! APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.