MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER / KNUTSFORD / COMPETITIVE PAY + GREAT BENEFITS
Fantastic new opportunities for Mechanical Design Engineer to join a long-standing, reputable family business.
Oliver’s is a leading manufacturer with a global presence in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Carbon Capture Industries. Our products are market leaders in their field and through continued R&D, we continue to be at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative products.
As part of our planned growth for 2022/2023 there is now an exciting opportunity for you to join our Engineering Team at Knutsford. The position plays a vital role the preparation of design layouts, detailed drawings, and bill of materials within Oliver Twinsafe. Coupled with real-time engineering problem solving this is perfect role for a hands-on, practical Mechanical Design Engineer.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive pay depending on experience
- Pension plan with 4% employer contribution
- Death in Service, Medi-Cash, Personal Accident Insurance and Service Awards
- Generous holiday allowance which increases over time up to 27 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent working environment
- Career progression
- A high-quality product you can be genuinely proud of
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Create machined component drawings for the manufacture of valves
- Identify Customer Requirements and produce technical documents.
- Create Bills of Materials in accordance with pre-defined schedules.
- Provide technical support to both customers and internal employees where required.
- Provide Technical Write-ups for quotations.
- Identify Assembly Problems and implement a corrective action plan
Skills and Experience:
- Be able to show initiative, make decisions at the appropriate level and take responsibility for your own work.
- Be competent in understanding the impacts of solving a problem in a particular way and be aware of the positive and negative impact of your actions.
- Be competent with Autocad LT and 3D Solidworks.
- Be qualified to at least HNC level or have completed an Apprenticeship
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Have experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience and knowledge of pressure systems or valves, this would be a distinct advantage.
Our site in Knutsford is easily accessible from South Manchester and North Cheshire so if you have the experience and passion to join us as a Mechanical Design Engineer, we would love to hear from you. Submit your CV and we will be in touch.