LOGISTICS MANAGER / SWINDON / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Logistics professional, looking for a rewarding new role then this exciting Logistics Manager position could be perfect for you. You will be joining the management team of a rapidly expanding organisation with an excellent culture.
Torin-Sifan are specialists in the design and manufacture of highly efficient AC and EC Motors, selling over 1 million products each year.
Leading from the front, the Logistics Manager will be responsible for the logistics management of the Torin-Sifan business units. This includes the movement and handling of raw materials, components, assemblies, finished goods and the accuracy of stock.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Good working hours
- Excellent working environment
- Opportunities for career progression
Key Responsibilities of the Logistics Manager:
- Ensure that the logistics function actively contributes to the overall business objectives.
- Oversee the planning and co-ordination of the loading of UK and Export deliveries daily as per the requirements of the customer service team.
- Maintain and improve existing logistics processes across the Greenbridge and Westmead sites.
- Assess staffing levels and resources to ensure effective and efficient logistics support.
- Ensure accurate material receipt, stock management and material shipment through the stock management system.
- Responsible for performance management of warehouse and logistics staff including motivating, training, and setting achievable objectives.
- Develop Warehouse and Logistics KPI metrics and report monthly.
- Take full responsibility for all Health and Safety for the function.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain manager on understanding inventory levels and most efficient warehousing options.
- Minimise/ eliminate the costs associated with offsite storage whilst ensuring effective utilisation of the internal storage facilities available
- Be influential in optimising carriage out loadings and costs.
- Responsible for the management and successful annual company stock.
- Understand and optimise the use of Epicor capability in managing the full remit of the TS logistics function.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Solid experience in similar Logistics Manager position
- Highly customer focused with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must take ownership for tasks and responsibilities
- Able to effectively operate in a dynamic and fast paced organisation
- Good motivator and coach
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong execution, and management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and good all round computer skills
If you have experience and motivational skills to take on this fantastic Logistics Manager position, we would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.