BANKING SOLUTIONS ASSOCIATE / LONDON (HYBRID WORK) / UP TO £50K & EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Exciting new opportunity for a Banking Associate to join our Banking team in London, to support the delivery of banking and payments capabilities that are critical to our business. Excellent pay & hybrid working.
WEX Travel prides itself on the ability of our people to deliver leading class outcomes. This requires people, who are agile minded to work across varying and broad areas, taking ownership of their work and seeing it through.
Several of our subsidiaries are regulated non-bank financial institutions, therefore WEX Travel is highly dependent on banks to provide bank accounts, funds transfer and disbursement services.
The Banking Solutions Associate will report to the Optal Head of Banking based in London and closely liaise with another Banking Solutions Associate based in Melbourne to ensure swift global coverage.
Externally, the role will engage extensively with banks and other financial service providers to ensure timely delivery of key capabilities.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary – up to £50k dependent on experience
- Friendly working hours/ Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week
- Hybrid work, working for the London office 1-2 days per week
- Fantastic work-life balance
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Employee Assistance Programme
- GymFlex Membership
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Recruitment Referral Programme
- Employee discount platform
Key Responsibilities of the Banking Solutions Associate:
- Support the Optal Head of Banking in delivering banking projects and currency capability expansion for WEX Travel business
- Collate documentation that is required for onboarding, periodic KYC/AML review, account opening and maintenance and submit docs to the bank
- Maintain an internal management process for operational banking & payment queries from other teams and business partners
- Liaise with banks and business partners to resolve operational banking issues, including but not limited to streamlining fund flows, verifying billing, resolving payment queries
- Complete ad-hoc banking & payments projects as required
- Ensure ongoing correct access authorities and mandates are in place for required individuals, with relevant banks and appropriate bank accounts
- Responsible for quality assurance of internal recording of billing, procedures and bank accounts information
Key competencies required:
- Excellent customer facing skills and strong stakeholder management
- Self-starter, highly motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive ‘problem resolver’, owning and resolving issues
- Energetic, driven and committed to success while working under time constraints and pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in payments industry or transactional banking
- Experience of working with online banking systems, good understanding of bank payment systems
- Documentation knowledge, understanding company legal docs and bank forms
- Familiarity with product and/or project management disciplines
If you have the passion and drive that we are looking for, APPLY NOW for this Banking Solutions