DEMAND & FORECASTING MANAGER / DALKEITH / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Do you have a supply chain background, and experience of motivating a team? If so, our client has the perfect opportunity for a Demand & Forecasting Manager to join their growing team.
They are one of the world’s largest innovators and manufacturers of quality stationery and lifestyle accessories, with operations on three continents and distributors in more than 40 countries worldwide.
They are looking for an experienced, highly knowledgeable Demand & Forecasting Manager to manage the stock position across all channels, covering product purchasing, supply and demand planning.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary DOE
- Pension plan & life assurance
- 34 days’ holiday
- Staff discount
- Friendly working environment
- Opportunity to work for a well-respected, market leader
- Excellent career progression
Key Responsibilities of the Demand & Forecasting Manager:
- MRP expert contributing practical, commercial input to the Supply Chain Team
- 'Cradle to grave' stock management in UK, from new product intro to obsolete parts management
- Contribute to creation of supply chain strategy and implementation of an S&OP process
- Establish forecasting process sharing best practice with the manufacturing teams
- Own the stock accuracy process over all product categories serving multiple distribution channels
- Analyse trend performance and variations
- Minimise stock holding on slow sellers & identif stocks which have zero sales volume
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results to identify risks and plan accordingly
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances
- Collaborate with Marketing, Finance, Buying, and Operational Retail Teams ensure that accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Maintain the period stock update reporting process
- Oversee demand planning activities within the team and provide coaching where required
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proficient supply chain professional with previous experience managing activities in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrable experience of managing stock across multiple locations
- Far East imports and European supply chain experience
- Experience of working with an ERP system driven environment
What are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Demand & Forecasting Manager position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.