GRADUATE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER / BICESTER / £25k - £32k + BENEFITS
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an up and coming Graduate Software Developer to join their energetic, rapidly expanding team.
They design and develop innovative software for HPC/supercomputer systems across the UK, with a wide customer base in multiple market sectors including academic/research institutions, life sciences, banking, manufacturing and Formula One.
Due to recent investment they’re expanding the product ranges into Europe and the US – they are now looking for an enthusiastic Graduate Software Developer to assist with the development of their suite of Linux-based tools.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary (£25,000 - £32,000 DOE)
- Exposure to challenging projects, cutting-edge technologies and daily learning opportunities
- Generous group pension scheme
- Small team with a relaxed working environment in a young up-and-coming company
- Training / book allowance
- Flexible working hours - we promote a healthy work/life balance culture
- Friendly social atmosphere
Key Responsibilities of the Graduate Software Developer:
- Develop and integrate existing software programs and platforms
- Participate in group meetings and make presentations to your peers
- Be exposed to cutting-edge software technologies and methodologies and help to move the business forward
- Hands on design / implementation and testing
- Take full ownership and responsibility for delivery of your projects
- Help improve the team/company and product processes
- Be exposed to large scale computer systems and supercomputers, as well as emerging technologies such as public and private IaaS
Key Skills Required:
- All things software development
- Working individually as well as part of teams
- Your interests/skills have particular emphasis on open source software and Linux environments
- Working with others both technical and non-technical
- Solving problems; you understand that most business problems can be solved in numerous ways
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrable open-source software background (e.g. github account and projects, etc.)
- Fast mover; strong drive to build a career in cutting-edge development and administration
- Has a can-do personality, comfortable with communication at all levels
- Has degree level education
- Has experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Ruby, Python
- Interested in web development using Ruby and client-side technologies
- Has a great attitude towards learning new and developing existing skills
Simply submit your CV for this Graduate Software Developer position, and we will be in touch.