PRODUCTION MANAGER / ST NEOTS / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a highly motivated Production Manager to join their forward thinking organisation.
They are a manufacturer of electronic devices and value-added manufacturing services. They provide their customers’ with the manufacturing capabilities and purchasing power of a global Electronics Manufacturing Services provider.
The successful Production Manager will direct the development and implementation of activities in production areas to meet goals, quality, and cost objectives.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Generous holiday package
- Company pension plan
Key Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
- Manage the SMT, Conventional assembly, Inspection and Test teams
- Control the scheduling of assemblies into the despatch department in sufficient time to ensure items are shipped at the required times by reference to the production plan
- Issue work to the staff in accordance with production plan and notify the Head of Operations of any problems and deviations from this
- Identify, support, coach, motivate and help develop the skills of the individual members of staff
- Monitor the performance of direct reports and set SMART objectives and targets and review their performance against these
- To look forward at future customer build requirements/orders, plan to meet these by adjusting labour availability and machine capacity
- Identify skills requirements for existing and pending workload ensuring adequate skills coverage to allow for sickness and holidays
- Make suggestions and recommendations to Operations and Engineering on improvements to existing procedures & working methods
- To ensure that agreed working procedures and health & safety precautions are adhered to
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideally educated to degree level or proven electronics and electro-mechanical manufacturing experience and managing a large team
- Excellent knowledge of production and electronic processes, with a solid understanding of quality and health & safety standards
- A high level of coaching expertise together with developed leadership and influencing skills
- Proven knowledge and experience of the application of continuous improvement systems, standards and tools and how to execute and monitor these through production teams
- Strong MS Office & IT skills required
What are you waiting for? Apply for this Production Manager position now, and we’ll be in touch.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.