TECHNICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER / SOLIHULL / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Our client is an award winning BI software company, with offices in the UK and USA – They’ve got a great company culture, and guarantee an exhilarating, yet challenging environment that will push you to succeed!
As part of their rapid expansion plan, they have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and flexible Technical Operations Manager to join thier innovative organisation. This is a truly exciting time to join them, as they continue to grow!
They are looking for a highly motivated Technical Manager to lead their Tech Ops Team. You will play a pivotal role within the business, and take control of building out the company infrastructure, both internal and production.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Fun, vibrant working environment
- Fantastic career opportunities
Key Responsibilities of the Technical Operations Manager:
- Manage the Technical Ops Team to ensure all internal and Production services run to allotted SLAs
- Ensure all ITIL processes are fit for purpose, updated as required and followed
- Attend the weekly Change Advisory Board and manage changes from Test through to production
- Ensure all Infrastructure Items are catalogued and audited on a regular basis
- Monitor and report on the capacity of all systems and advise the best time and solution for improvements and upgrades to be performed
- Manage all major incidents and disasters
- Assist the team and Data Architect in design and realisation of new infrastructure to support future developments
- Ensure the availability and functionality of environments to support the development and test functions
- Lead team of Tech Ops Engineers, Test Engineers and System Administrators to introduce new products from Development to Production
- Design resource models to support test delivery for agile teams and projects
- Manage the internal systems, including JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint
- Control the Internal systems, ordering system and hardware and software deployments
Skills & Experience Required:
- Either MSCE or MCITP in relevant areas
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing Microsoft Server based environments
- Project & Budget Management
- People Management including appraisals and disciplinary
- Must be a motivational manager
- Understanding of database technologies
- Willingness to work with other systems, including Linux, Comms systems etc.
- Testing and Test Automation
- Establishing best practice standards for Agile delivery
If you have the drive and passion to be successful in this Technical Operations Manager position, we would love to hear from you!