SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER / SOLIHULL / COMPETITIVE SALARY + BENEFITS
Are you an experienced Senior Software Engineer, looking for a rewarding new role, with an organisation that has a fantastic company culture? If so, our client has a brilliant opportunity to join their agile development team.
They are an award-winning BI software company, with offices in the UK, USA and Australia. This is an exciting time for the them as they continue to grow!
The Senior Software Engineer will be integral to the development and maintenance of their software platform. You will be involved throughout the full development lifecycle, including the creation of business requirements, functional/design specifications and driving innovation into their product suite.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Basic Salary
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment
- Fantastic career and personal development opportunities
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile (SCRUM/Kanban) project teams ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
- Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations
- To be enthusiastic, fearless and boundary-less with the ability to coach and mentor
Skills & Experience Required:
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering - or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of recent experience of developing Enterprise C# and/or Java applications within an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods and toolsets
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Demonstrable experience of Object Oriented Analysis & Design with a commitment to Software Craftsmanship and Clean Code
- Experience of working with SaaS based software architectures within a multi-tenanted cloud hosted deployment model
- Creative, innovative and inquisitive character, willing to experiment with many ideas
- Uncomfortable with repetition, seeking automation is preference
What are you waiting for? Apply for this Senior Software Engineer position now, and we will be in touch.