QUALITY ENGINEER / ST NEOTS / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
Our client has a brand new opening for a passionate, technically minded Quality Engineer to join their growing organisation.
They are a diversified manufacturer of electronic devices and value-added manufacturing services. They provide customers' with the manufacturing capabilities and purchasing power of a global Electronics Manufacturing Services provider.
They are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to provide an effective and robust quality function to the St Neots site, leading to continuous improvements in quality and other standards together with the associated ISO systems.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Generous holiday package
- Company pension plan
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- 1st point of contact to the shop floor for product quality issues of mechanical fit, process quality and electronic component specification
- Undertake investigations and ensure rapid containment activities are enforced
- Compile regular reports to/for the Quality Manager and any relevant staff
- Proactively analyse production data. Develop and report key quality metrics, review and action processes that facilitate the continual improvement of those metrics
- Provide technical support with engineering to production staff
- Communicate and co-ordinate quality information to all internal/external customers
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure all purchased goods are to the required quality standard
- Process all customer, supplier and internal quality /concerns using 8D corrective action report
- Carry out internal and external audits
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideally educated to HNC level or equivalent with proven experience in electronics manufacturing
- Good understanding of ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO13485 and Lean Manufacturing
- Strong IT skills required
- Fast-paced office environment; requires significant use of telephone and computer programmes – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP, etc
- Domestic travel may be required - visiting customers, suppliers, etc
What are you waiting for? Apply for this Quality Engineer position now, and we’ll be in touch.
Applications can only be accepted from individuals eligible to work in the UK.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.