OPERATIONAL CONTROL MANAGER / BRAMHALL / UP TO £32,000 + BENEFITS
Our client has a brand new opening for a highly motivated Operational Control Manager to join the organisation.
They are an independent European platform of renewable energy expert-services. By providing asset management services on 3GW of wind and solar sites with a capital value of €4bn, they are the market leader in France, UK, Ireland and Sweden.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced people manager to oversee a team of 5 Operational Controllers (based in Bramhall and Dublin) who provide access control and monitoring services to their windfarm clients 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary – Up to £32,000
- Contributory Pension Scheme + Life Assurance Plan
- Private healthcare, 25 days’ annual leave, childcare vouchers
- Opportunity to work within an industry leading organisation
Key Responsibilities of the Operational Control Manager:
- Operation and continual development of Operational Control Systems and personnel
- Ensuring that procedures for the Operational Controller function remain current and up to date from a HSE perspective and also that from an internal Operations and monitoring perspective
- Management of Operational Control shift patterns, authorising and planning of Operational Controllers leave and management of sickness absence
- Undertaking performance development reviews and team meetings
- Assist with the creation and development of emergency planning and procedures
- Assist with other HSE or operational duties as required
- Assist with development and implementation of any new systems on behalf of OC
- Interface with the IT team to ensure that the IT issues are getting tracked and resolved
- Monitoring and analysing call logs, connection checks and OC handovers
- Writing reports for management reviews, being proactive and making suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained of accidents, incidents or near misses
The Ideal Candidate:
The Operational Control Manager must have proven experience of line managing a small team, ideally in a control room or contact/call centre environment with experience of creating and developing new procedures and processes. Previous knowledge of wind farm operations would be highly desirable; this isn't essential as full on the job training will be given.
Skills & Experience Required:
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering related subject would be beneficial
- Excellent IT and communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Proven ability to quickly learn and effectively adhere to new processes and procedures
- Contributes to a positive team environment
- Drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Desirable – Health and Safety qualification (e.g. IOSH Managing Safely) or experience
Apply now! Simply submit your CV for this Operational Control Manager, and we’ll be in touch.