ACCOUNTS SUPERVISOR / WITHAM / UP TO £33,000 DOE
Our client is the global leader in the design and manufacture of melamine food display products, including trays, dishes, bowls, platters and utensils.
They design, manufacture and distribute high quality ‘solution based products’ for customers such as hotels, supermarkets, distributors, restaurants, independently owned outlets and zoos.
They have offices in Witham, Central London, China and New York. This role is based in their luxury contemporary headquarters in Witham, Essex.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant / Accounts Supervisor (dependent on experience) to join their growing business.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant / Accounts Supervisor:
- Duties in respect of group companies
- Overseeing credit control, customer credit notes & refunds
- Overseeing customer account credit applications
- Overseeing the eBay. Amazon & PayPal accounts with reference to payment allocations, reconciliations & refunds
- Managing the preparation of EU sales lists and intra-stat reports and filing in accordance with statutory deadlines
- Overseeing the raising quarterly rent demands and ensuring timely collection of the monies due
- Overseeing the raising monthly invoices in respect of group company recharges
- Maintaining and reconciling asset registers and general ledger accounts
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation and reconciliation of analysis schedules for audit purposes
- Setting up UK and International payments and general banking
- Management of petty cash and all expense claims and expense claims process
- Overall responsibility of credit control and purchase ledger
- Assisting the company secretary with accounting and administrative tasks as required
- Extensive experience of working within an accounts / finance department
- Experience of book keeping
- Previous experience of supervising / managing a small team
- Excellent working knowledge / experience of VAT including Import and Export
- Excellent standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Experience of using Excel
- Previous experience of reporting to senior management or comfortable doing so
- Qualified AAT candidate OR qualified by experience
- Experience of using Nav, Microsoft Dynamics and Selenity Expense Management - Beneficial
Don’t miss out! Submit your CV for this Assistant Accountant / Accounts Supervisor position now and we’ll be in touch.