LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER / BICESTER / £40k - £55k + BENEFITS
Our client has an exciting new opening for a dynamic Lead Software Developer (Linux) to join their energetic, rapidly expanding team.
They design and develop innovative software for HPC/supercomputer systems across the UK, with a wide customer base in multiple market sectors including academic/research institutions, life sciences, banking, manufacturing and Formula One.
Due to recent investment they’re expanding their product ranges into Europe and the US – they are now looking for a highly motivated Lead Software Developer (Linux) to drive the development of their suite of Linux-based tools for the construction, management and monitoring of large-scale supercomputer systems built and operated on both physical hardware and public cloud IaaS platforms.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Software Developer (Linux):
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery from design through release
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Freedom to work directly with product managers, other developers and customers as required
- Define project activities and sub-activities; produce documentation to be used as the basis for managing the project implementation
- Take ownership of projects, overseeing and engaging in development efforts along with management of development processes
- Lead and participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
- Day-to-day investigation of new technologies to ensure we are using the best tools for the job
- Be exposed to large-scale computer systems and supercomputers, as well as emerging technologies such as public and private IaaS
Skills & Experience Required:
- 3+ years’ experience in a software development team
- Demonstrate an open-source background, e.g. GitHub project contributions, personal projects, etc
- Full stack software development
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Ruby, Python
- Capable of understanding and defining a technical solution to a complex problem from design to release
- Can-do personality, a born leader, comfortable with written and spoken communication
- Is an evangelist of agile processes and knows when each can be applied
The successful Lead Software Developer (Linux) can expect;
- Highly Competitive Salary (£40,000 - £55,000 DOE)
- Exposure to challenging projects, cutting-edge technologies and daily learning opportunities
- Generous group pension scheme
- Small team with a relaxed working environment in a young up-and-coming company
- Training / book allowance
- Flexible working hours - we promote a healthy work/life balance culture
- Friendly social atmosphere
Apply Now! Simply submit your CV for this Lead Software Developer (Linux) position, and we will be in touch.