Position: Senior Web Developer
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire
Salary: c.£45,000 + Benefits
Our client is an award-winning developer of creative software tools used by designers world-wide over the last 11 years. Their clients include many household brands such as Adidas, Disney and Apple as well as thousands of agencies and freelance creatives.
Due to their continued success, they now have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Web Developer to join them.
The Senior Web Developer Role:
As the Senior Web Developer, you will perform a wide range of website development, maintenance and support activities for the Company and its employees.
The Senior Web Developer will continuously develop and improve the Company’s online presence through its website and services (current and planned).
- Maintain and develop Company website and online services (public and internal) to both enhance existing functionality and introduce new functionality
- Work with colleagues including Junior Web Developer and Web Designer to continuously improve the user experience
- Maintain and continuously enhance online security of the purchasing, ordering, customer database and related system(s)
- Self-manage tasks and projects ensuring timely delivery
- Plan and manage the tasks plus personal development of the Junior Web Developer
- Produce regular progress reports to management
- Gain full understanding of WordPress, WooCommerce and existing website technologies to ensure proper maintenance and continuous improvements
Skills & Experience Required:
- 5+ years of commercial experience
- Web developments tools
- Version control (GIT)
- Cloud server maintenance (AWS) using SSH, including set-up of Linux web server
- Familiarity with PHP frameworks
- WordPress and WordPress plugin development
- Linux servers, running NGINX
- Knowledge of OOP or ability to use best software and application development practices in a clean and professional manner
- Certificate implementation and maintenance
- Familiarity with Virtual Environments such as Vagrant, Homestead
- Best practices for all development and project management duties, including Agile
- General IT skills including word processing, spread sheets and email
In return, the Senior Web Developer can expect;
- A competitive salary c. £45k
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Modern spacious office environment in the beautiful city of Hereford
- Training opportunities
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in applying for this Senior Web Developer position, simply submit your CV & Covering Letter via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.