VR DEVELOPER / SALFORDS, SURREY / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Our client has a fantastic new opportunity for a VR Developer – if you are an experienced Front End Developer, this is your chance to join an industry leading organisation, with great career progression!
They specialise in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints.
The Learning Academy is currently developing advanced digital learning solutions and are looking for a Virtual Reality Developer to lead the implementation of Virtual Reality Learning.
The VR Developer will design, build and maintain virtual reality learning solutions and environments. This an exciting time to join them in the digitalisation of their learning content.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Opportunity to lead the implementation of a new VR learning solution
- Excellent career progression
Key Responsibilities of the VR Developer:
- Full end-to-end development and production of VR technologies and associated software
- Lead all VR projects; including the planning, design, implementation and launch
- Write code to power cutting-edge virtual reality training environments
- Utilise engineering skills in 3D graphics and virtual reality development
- Lead the technical input, development and build of the VR environment
- Identify and proactively manage technical and business decisions, risks, actions and opportunities
- Test and debug applications
- Document development and operational procedures
- Assist in the troubleshooting of code defects and deployment of timely fixes
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in the software industry as a developer
- Experience with Java/node/C#/.NET
- Advanced working knowledge of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality concepts and solutions
- Thorough working knowledge of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment)
- Flawless written and oral communication across business and technical stakeholders
- Self-starter with a bias toward action and the ability to produce results
- Strong team player with a “can do” attitude, and the flexibility to jump in wherever needed
- Experience with Enterprise-grade AR/VR technology platforms such as Upskill Skylight, PTC ThingWorx, Unity, Unreal, etc. (Desirable)
- Networking skills – TURN servers, TCP, UDP, Firewalls & Network Security (Desirable)
Submit your CV for this VR Developer position now, and we’ll be in touch!