LIVE IN OR LIVE OUT FEMALE CARER / STRATFORD UPON AVON / UP TO £25,000 + OVERTIME
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Live in or Live out Female Carer to assist with the care of their daughter.
Abigail is a bubbly & active 19-Year-old girl, who has global development delay and physical disabilities. She also has an epilepsy diagnosis (nocturnal only) and needs help with all activities of daily living at a 2:1 ratio.
Abi is at the centre of an extremely fun and welcoming family, including Mum, Dad and brother. She is fully supported by a small team of carers, in her countryside family home.
The Live in or Live out Female Carer:
This role is 40 hours per week, worked in shifts over 5 days.
You will be expected to work on a rota basis, including evenings and weekends, however this is flexible and can be changed to suit.
You will join a small team of full time/ weekend carers and work closely with Abigail's family.
They are looking for a female carer that can commit to a minimum of 12 months and will consider candidates on live in or live out basis.
The care team travel with Abigail and the family, so this includes all UK and international travel - as an example in previous years their carers have been to Egypt, Disneyland, France, Turkey, Antigua, so not a job for those who don't like flying!
Key Responsibilities of the Carer:
- In term time the Carer role will include getting Abi up and ready for college
- During the day there may be some household duties e.g. ironing, and the Carer will take Billy (the Labradoodle) for a walk
- Once Abi returns from college, 2 carers support her with dinner, bath time and all evening activities
- In the holidays, time will be spent doing fun independent activities and often accompanying the family on holidays - Abi loves warm weather and being in the pool!
- Personal care and medication administration as well as epilepsy management will be required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Some experience in a caring role or nursing (full training is provided)
- Ability to use own initiative, both in and around the house and making a life for themselves if it is a live-in role
- Good sense of humour!!
- Not afraid of hard work
- Willingness to work alone and with other carers
- Must have a full UK Driving Licence - A car is provided on duty, as driving is an essential part of the role
If you have the passion and experience to become part of the team, we would love to hear from you! Submit your CV now and we will be in touch.
(Sex Discrimination Act Section 7 (2) (b) (ii) applies)