MATERIAL HANDLER / SALFORDS - SURREY / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
A fantastic opportunity for a Material Handler to join a rapidly expanding organisation, working alongside a great team of people. Our client is a world-leading trusted provider of advanced X-ray technologies for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and critical infrastructure across the Globe.
They now have an exciting new opening for a Material Handler who will be responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing, and order fulfilment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies, and equipment.
The role will include maintaining records of goods and rejecting unsatisfactory items. The position requires the lifting of heavy items and operating a forklift. This position will support all EDS Detection products.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan & Life Assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent working environment
- Training & Self-Development opportunities
Key Responsibilities of the Material Handler:
- Reviewing Customer Orders
- Receiving and inspecting deliveries and goods for distribution against purchase orders or invoices
- Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped
- Booking and locating materials into the stock management system.
- Controlled issue of stock
- Picking material kits for project and production assembly teams
- Configuring and testing products for a specific order
- Control and monitoring of stock movements using the ERP system
- Maintenance of FIFO principles
- Loading and unloading of goods using forklift trucks and Bendi trucks
- Packing goods appropriately for shipping to customers by sea, land, or air
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in stores environment, preferably with a background in manufacturing, covering goods inward, picking, packing and despatch.
- Experience in working with computerized stock management systems or extensive experience with computers and software.
- Methodical and accurate record keeping
- Able to integrate well into an established team supporting and assisting colleagues
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook is an advantage
- Knowledge of Rapiscan product to part number level according to business need.
If you are interested in this brand-new Material Handler position, APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.