BUYER / ST NEOTS / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Procurement professional, looking for a rewarding new role, with a world leading organisation, then this Buyer position could be perfect for you!
Our client has a strong financial base – they’re a £20m and growing global player of contract electronics manufacturing services with operations in the UK, USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia
They have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, highly motivated Buyer to join their rapidly expanding team – you will play a pivotal role in managing the vendor Base to obtain best prices and best possible lead times.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan & Life assurance
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- Good working environment
- Real career progression and self-development
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Create and place purchase orders using ERP system
- Purchase components for production requirements using the company business information system
- Ensure components are purchased at the right price and to meet the agreed delivery schedules
- Expedite all outstanding purchase orders with vendors to ensure deliveries are maintained
- Liaise directly with vendors to resolve problems or quality issues
- Liaise with customers on problem parts as and when necessary and agree a satisfactory resolution
- Liaise with the Production staff to resolve any materials discrepancies in the workshop
- Act on authorised purchase request forms
- Raise and obtain authorisation for new vendor account forms
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with any problem associated with the purchasing role
- To build strong working relationships with vendors and manage vendors in an appropriate manner
- Run MRP when required
- To carry out vendor Negotiations to obtain better pricing, lead times and call offs as required
- To reduce the vendor base and to achieve reduced costs through negotiation, increased customer service and better vendor / customer relationships
- Manage vendor visits when required, to improve control and build solid relationships
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in similar Buyer / Purchasing role
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply / Member of CIPS - Beneficial
- Experience within an electronics manufacturing purchasing background with proven purchasing and negotiation skills
- Strong MS Office skills and MRP knowledge
- Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ready to become part of the team?
Get in touch TODAY. Submit your CV for this exciting new Buyer position and let’s talk about your future in more detail!