HGV CLASS 2 DRIVER / BRISTOL / £13.50 TO £14.50 PER HOUR
We have a fantastic position available for a full time HGV Class 2 to operate in the Bristol and Gloucester area, providing a friendly and obliging delivery service to our large and valued customer base, predominately operating out of our Bristol Branch.
Our client was founded in 2012 and provides Renders, Insulated Systems, Drylining & Plastering Material to the trade. Their goal is a simple one - to sell the best but more importantly the correct products to their customers through stores and a modern, easy to use website.
This job calls for someone who enjoys working with people and the willingness to work hours as business demands. Your day will consist of assisting in loading and unloading your vehicle and making multi-drop deliveries to residential & site addresses. A keen awareness of health and safety is essential as is a positive, customer focused attitude.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary of £13.50 to £14.50 dependent on experience
- 22 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays. 3 days must be used over Christmas as the business is closed during this period.
- Company Pension
Key Responsibilities of the HGV Class 2:
- Carrying out multi-drop deliveries safely, efficiently, and compliant with road traffic law.
- Making sure loads are safe, secure, and within legal weight limits.
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks and hand to your line manager.
- Loading your own vehicle when required.
- Abide by all Health & Safety policies and always adhere to company procedures.
- Representing the company in a professional and courteous manner, conducting yourself in a safe, helpful, and friendly way when out on the road.
- Passing any relevant information back to the sales team on building work being carried out in the area, to assist in the continued growth of the business.
- Encourage feedback from the customers and discuss that feedback with the team. Suggest any areas you feel the service can be improved.
- Contribute and share any ideas with the team to help move the branch forward.
- Carry out general yard/warehouse duties at the request of management, to help always provide high customer service levels and a safe working environment.
- You may be required to offer cover driver duties at other branches at times.
- Any reasonable request from the Management team.
Skills and Experience Required
- A full class 2 driving license is required.
- An up-to-date Hiab license is preferred. Training could be provided for the right candidate.
- Must be polite and well presented, with a positive attitude towards customer service.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- The personal skills to maintain excellent working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Must be safety conscious and can stay calm and positive.
- Possess the ability to take the initiative and use common sense.
- Have a good knowledge of the local area.
- Good communication skills with face-to-face customer service experience.
- Be methodical with good attention to detail.
- Forklift license preferred.
- Previous experience in a builder’s merchant, retail &/or warehouse environment preferred.
- A reasonable degree of physical fitness is required for the role as it involves some manual handling
If you have the desire and skills required to take on this HGV Class 2 position, APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.