WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE WITH FLT LICENCE / DROYLSDEN / £20,190 + OT & BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Warehouse Operative, ready for a new challenge, then look no further! We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing organisation based in East Manchester.
Our client is a fourth-generation family business that commenced trading over 90 years ago. The Company supplies decorative sundries – supplying to all the major players in the UK trade and enjoying a significant presence amongst independent DIY merchants – and is one of the country’s leading safety footwear and PPE suppliers. The business has grown over 80% in the last 6 years and has plenty of exciting opportunities to continue this growth.
They are looking for highly motivated Warehouse Operatives to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment, who are flexible to working shifts and overtime and take pride in delivering a first-class service to Rodo customers.
- Early shift, 6:00am to 2:30 pm Monday to Thursday and 6.00am to 1.30pm on Friday
- Late shift, 11.15am to 8.00pm Monday to Thursday and 11.15am to 5.45pm on Friday
- The standard working week is 39.5 hours per week and the shift patterns alternate weekly
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive Pay - £9.83 per hour
- Regular overtime available – typically 8 hours per week (occasionally on Saturday morning)
- 23 days paid holiday per year plus statuary bank holidays
- Extra 2 days holidays after qualifying period (2 years)
- Closedown over Christmas
- Attendance bonus scheme (up to £600 per annum) after qualifying period
- All workwear and safety footwear provided
- Training to a recognised standard where required
- Full induction on all aspects of the job role and health & safety issues
- Modern and clean facilities throughout the warehouse
- Free hot vended drinks
Key Responsibilities of the Warehouse Operative:
- Accurately picking large volumes of products via computerised voice technology
- Order Picking/ Packaging within the Despatch department
- Moving picked products using flatbed truck to work bench for packaging
- Ability to carry out a physically demanding role consistently for the duration of the shift (plus overtime) which includes regularly lifting large and heavy products and hand wrapping pallets
- Occasional use of Flexi & Reach trucks to pick products from racking (must have valid FLT license)
- Occasional work in the loading bay and dealing with distribution carriers
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a similar Warehouse role
- Physically fit to carry out picking/packing duties
- Able to read product descriptions and numbers, capable of basic arithmetic
- A positive, “can do” attitude
- Team player, with good communication skills
- FLT Licence
Don’t miss out! Apply for this Warehouse Operative position now, and we’ll be in touch to discuss the next step in the application process.