DEPUTY QA MANAGER / NEWCASTLE UNDER LYME / UP TO £37K
Ready for an exciting new challenge? If so, do not let this fantastic Deputy QA Manager position pass you by!
Our client is a long standing, family-owned engineering business specialising in the design and manufacture of street furniture, shelters, covered walkways and playground equipment.
The successful Deputy QA Manager will play a key role in supporting the multiple operational divisions and will work alongside an experienced, established team of staff in Design, Production, Manufacturing, Installation and Customer Services departments.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary (£32k - £37k, Dependent on Experience)
- Profit share bonus
- Friendly work hours, 8:00am – 4:30pm (Monday – Friday)
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement plus 8 bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Pension plan
Key Responsibilities of the Deputy QA Manager:
- Reviewing and developing the existing quality systems to drive improvement throughout the business to achieve right-first-time delivery
- Identifying, developing, introducing and reporting quality metrics initially into multiple production, finishing and despatch areas.
- Undertaking analysis, interrogation and reporting of quality data to the business.
- Undertaking root cause analysis across the business leading to the implementation of robust corrective actions to improve performance.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Enthusiastic, charismatic, individual with good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Previous experience serving in a Production, Engineering or Technical environment managing and prioritising workload to achieve objectives.
- Although not essential previous experience of steel fabrication, welding and finishing will be advantageous in the undertaking of the role.
- A Sigma Six qualification is desirable however more important is being able to demonstrate proven experience and competence of continuous improvement techniques and strategies.
- An ability to collect and analyse data with a desire to influence and implement change within a busy multi-disciplined production facility will see the candidate succeed.
- The ability to use ERP programmes would be an advantage, although internal training will be provided, as would a good knowledge of Microsoft word & Excel spreadsheets.
APPLY NOW for this Deputy QA Manager position, and we will be in touch to discuss further.