ASSISTANT IT MANAGER / NEWCASTLE UNDER LYME / UP TO £40K + BENEFITS
If you are looking for a rewarding new role, working alongside a great team of people within an excellent environment, then this Assistant IT Manager position could be perfect for you!
Our client is a long standing, family-owned engineering business specialising in the design and manufacture of street furniture, shelters, covered walkways and playground equipment.
They have an amazing new opportunity for an Assistant IT Manager. You will play a key role in ensuring a first-class helpdesk service, while providing leadership in the absence of the IT Manager.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary (£35k - £40k, Dependent on Experience)
- Profit share bonus
- Friendly work hours, 8:00am – 4:30pm (Monday – Friday)
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement plus 8 bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Pension plan
- Vibrant team which is rapidly expanding
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant IT Manager:
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support for Helpdesk support tickets and support tickets which are escalated.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support and daily management of M365, SQL, Mimecast, Fortigate Security, Sophos, Business Critical Applications and Server OS Management.
- Support the roll out of software and Patch management which are approved by the I.T Manager.
- Provide support and daily management for the Storage Area Network and Virtual Environment.
- Provide support for the Network Infrastructure.
- Provide support for the VOIP Network and other communications solutions.
- Provide support for the business continuity and disaster recovery solutions. Monitor, report and identify improvements.
- Actively Monitor Cyber Security solution and system vulnerabilities.
- Escalate and take correct measures to preventresolve security issues.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Solid experience of providing 2nd and 3rd line support
- Strong leadership skills, able to motivate a team
- Windows desktop operating systems
- MS Exchange 2016, 365 & Remote Desktop Services
- Always looking for continual improvement within the IT department
- Positive "can do" attitude
If you have the desire and skillset to be successful in this Assistant IT Manager position, we would love to hear from you! APPLY NOW and we will be in touch to discuss further.