SENIOR BUYER (MANUFACTURING) / NEWCASTLE UNDER LYME / c.£40,000 + BENEFITS
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Senior Buyer – you will be joining a market leading organisation, with ambitious plans for growth and a fantastic culture.
They are a long standing, family-owned engineering business specialising in the design and manufacture of street furniture, shelters, covered walkways and playground equipment.
As part of their continued success and growth, they are looking for a tenacious and professional Senior Buyer to join their dynamic Purchasing Department.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Profit share bonus
- Friendly work hours, 8:00am – 4:30pm (Monday – Friday)
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement plus 8 bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Pension plan
- Vibrant team which is rapidly expanding
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer:
- Purchasing of products, using direct operational and strategic methods
- Manage and build strong relationships with suppliers
- Developing processes to achieve increased efficiencies with the procurement process
- Negotiating best price for products and services to achieve the best possible profit margin whilst maintaining quality standards in terms of delivery performance and material quality
- Negotiating with suppliers with regard to cost and performance
- Working towards achieving the departmental KPI’s alongside the existing team and also working on your own initiative where required
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in similar Senior Buyer / Procurement / Supply Chain role
- Commercial awareness is essential, both in terms of costs and also impact on sales deliveries
- Ability to use and understand MRP system and the demands which it creates
- Excellent rapport building skills – able to build new, and manage existing supplier relationships
- Experience in offshore procurement would also be beneficial
- Previous buying and/or project costing experience gained within the steel fabrication industry, however the right candidate will be trained where necessary
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
Don’t miss out! If you have the drive and skillset to hit the ground running in this new Senior Buyer role, APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.