PRE-PRESS / ARTWORK MANAGER – COLCHESTER – COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Pre-Press / Artwork Manager to join a long-standing organisation with an excellent reputation.
Our client is the UK’s leading supplier of promotional calendars. The business is family run and is dedicated to producing calendars of the highest quality in a range of formats suitable for any business to use as a promotional tool.
They are now looking for a dynamic Pre-press Manager / Artwork Manager with experience of managing staff and the output of a busy department creating and editing promotional artwork.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Excellent working environment
- Opportunity to join a market leading organisation
Key Responsibilities of the Pre-Press / Artwork Manager:
- Manage and direct workflow of all jobs through the department, which will require you to be organised and employ good communication and customer service skills
- Manage pre-press staff and oversee all work being prepared for the digital and litho presses
- Working with Apple Macs, using a wide variety of software, solving issues when they arise and liaising with customers and other departments regularly
- Hands-on role, you will be expected to meet challenges and take responsibility for the departments output
- Responsible for making plates on our Kodak and Cron CTP systems, and operating a Ricoh digital printing machine
The Ideal Candidate:
- Essential that you have experience managing a busy pre-press/artwork/typesetting team
- Strong problem-solving skills and prepared to discuss artwork, feedback and layout briefs with customers both via the telephone and email
- Creative Typesetting and Artwork skills will also be important and experience of imposing and creating files for digital and litho presses is key
- Experienced in using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Xpress and Pitstop Pro
- Also have experience creating artwork for, and printing to digital presses
- Keen eye for accuracy and detail, be experienced in preparing and editing artwork in the software packages
- Positive, flexible attitude to work
- Experience in preparing and managing website images would be very useful, and experience in Microsoft software and an MIS system (ideally Tharstern) is an advantage
If you have the passion and know how to take on this fantastic Pre-Press Manager / Artwork Manager role, APPLY NOW and we will be in touch to discuss further.