BUYER / STOKE ON TRENT / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
Exciting new opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join a world leading organisation as a Buyer. You will work alongside a fantastic team of people in a vibrant office environment.
Our client is a trusted provider of advanced X-ray technologies for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities and critical infrastructure all over the world.
Be a part of their mission to provide customers with best-in-class cargo and vehicle screening systems and services so they can combat terrorism, trade fraud, drug and weapon smuggling, and illegal immigration.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan & Life Assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent working environment
- Training & Self-Development opportunities
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Scheduling of purchased parts to support the requirement date of the production schedule
- Follow-up and expediting as required to ensure on-time delivery
- Manage on-time delivery performance of the supply base
- Manage inventory balances in support of inventory turns goals and customer flexibility requirements
- Provide supply base with forecasted requirements
- Resolve invoice discrepancies whether they are pricing, quantity, or receiving issues
- Manage MRP changes with the supply base to determine and support material availability
- Review and issue purchase orders, obtain acknowledgments, follow-up as needed. Escalate with supplier management as required to achieve schedule compliance
- Manage and reduce excess and obsolete inventory
- Manage ECO effectiveness to provide material availability and disposition
- Improve supplier relationships. Serve as primary day-to-day supplier contact for designated suppliers for scheduling and delivery of all purchased parts in support of all production and service needs
- Provide feedback to commodities managers on supplier performance
- Conducts sourcing of new or revised products and select appropriate new suppliers
- Improves performance of supply base via on-time delivery, quality, lead time, and total cost basis
Skills & Experience Required:
- Min 5 years of buying experience preferable in the manufacturing industry
- MCIPS, Business related degree or Supply Chain preferred
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes and cost drivers, and supply market dynamics
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance methods
- Operations experience with three years' experience in materials/inventory management a plus
- Experience with Agile PLM an advantage
- Must have ERP/MRP experience, desirable: Microsoft Navision / D365 MRP experience
If you are interested in this fantastic new Buyer position, APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.