WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE / DROYLSDEN / £19,738 + OT & BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Warehouse Operative, ready for a new challenge, then look no further! We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing organisation based in East Manchester.
Out client is a long-standing business with an excellent reputation within their market, specialising in workwear and PPE. Due to their continued success, they have recently completed a major expansion in its operations with a multi-million-pound investment to build a new goods-receiving warehouse.
They are looking for a highly motivated Warehouse Operative, with a valid RTITB Licence. You can expect a brilliant working environment alongside a great team.
- Early shift, 6:00am to 2:30 pm Monday to Thursday and 6.00am to 13.30 on Friday
- Late shift, 11.15am to 20.00pm Monday to Thursday and 11.15am to 17.45 on Friday
- Standard working week is 39.5 hours per week and the shift patterns alternate weekly
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive Pay - £9.61 per hour
- Regular overtime available – typically 8 hours per week (occasionally on Saturday morning)
- 23 days paid holiday per year plus statuary bank holidays
- Extra 2 days holidays after qualifying period (2 years)
- Attendance bonus scheme (up to £600 per annum) after qualifying period
- All work wear and safety footwear
- Training to a recognised standard where required
- Full induction on all aspects of the job role and health & safety issues
- Modern and clean facilities throughout the warehouse
- Free hot vended drinks
Key Responsibilities of the Warehouse Operative:
- Order Picking/Packing within the despatch department
- Accurately picking products via computerised ‘Voice’ controlled equipment & headset
- Manual hands-on role and includes a lot of walking from bin-location to bin-location
- Regularly lifting products and hand-wrapping pallets
- Working in the loading bay and dealing with distribution carriers on a rota system
- Drive forklift trucks (currently they operate Flexi trucks (Pivot-Steer) and Reach trucks)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in similar Warehouse role
- Physically fit in order to carry out picking/packing duties
- Able to read product descriptions and numbers, capable of basic arithmetic
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Team player, with good communication skills
- FLT Licence
Don’t miss out! Apply for this Warehouse Operative position now, and we’ll be in touch to discuss the next step in the application process.