JUNIOR HPC HARDWARE / SOFTWARE ENGINEER / BICESTER / £21,000-£26,000 + BENEFITS
Due to ever growing demand in the industry for HPC managed hardware and cloud products, our client is expanding and looking for a highly motivated Junior HPC Hardware / Software Engineer to join their internal systems operations team and help play their part in the extension of their industry-renowned reputation for excellent support and first-class products.
Our client supplies software and managed services to the HPC / supercomputer industry across Europe. They are advocates of open-source software and strongly believe in community-driven development. They have a wide customer base in multiple market sectors including academic/research institutions, life sciences, banking, manufacturing and Formula One.
They’re looking for an individual with a strong drive to kickstart a career in Linux / HPC who might be a recent graduate with a demonstrable background in support & direct work with UK customers. The ideal applicant will have a can-do personality, be comfortable with communication at all levels both inside and outside of the company and have a great attitude towards learning skills whilst developing ones.
What’s on offer?
- Exposure to challenging projects, cutting-edge technologies, and daily learning opportunities.
- Competitive package, fast paced career advancement and a generous group pension scheme.
- Small team with a relaxed working environment in a young up-and-coming company.
- Flexible working hours - they promote a healthy work/life balance culture.
- Friendly social atmosphere with every opportunity to learn, stand out and really make a difference.
Key Responsibilities of the Junior HPC Hardware / Software Engineer:
- Work on live customer supercomputers, provisioned on-prem and on cloud platforms.
- Use in-house consultancy, system management and customer relationship tools to help keep managed systems running and customers happy.
- Build, manage, maintain, and develop large scale geographically dispersed compute estates.
- Day-to-day, be involved in progressing a wide range of issues to resolution, involving both
software and hardware.
- Learn on the job through shadowing and a performing a variety of independent tasks.
- Participate in group meetings and make presentations to your peers.
- Be exposed to large-scale computer systems and supercomputers, as well as emerging
technologies such as public and private IaaS.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for delivery of your projects.
- Assist with improving the team/company and product processes.
Skills and Experience Required:
- You enjoy tinkering with computers, both hardware and software
- Working individually as well as collaborating as part of a team - with both technical and non-technical people.
- You like solving problems and can see that they can be solved in numerous ways.
- Assisting people with technical problems, for example - operating systems and systems management.
If you have the skills and passion to be successful in this Junior HPC Hardware / Software Engineer role, we would love to hear from you. APPLY TODAY and we will be in touch to discuss further.