SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Are you ready for an exciting new challenge? We are looking for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to become a key part of our clients world leading organisation, working alongside a great team of people.
They are an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technical Senior Manufacturing Engineer – you will play a key role in the continued improvement and introduction of large x-ray equipment. You will also support, develop and design manufacturing processes, flows, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan & Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- First class working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
- Leading the development and improvement of manufacturing processes using LEAN principles
- Leads transfer of processes, process improvements, and products from development to production
- Troubleshoots technical issues to root cause in production
- Analyse shop floor efficiency, performance and quality data and generate quantifiable improvements
- Author’s technical reports supporting development transfers, production problems, and process analysis/trending
- Evaluate existing processes and workflows, identifying weaknesses and implementing change
- Create processes and procedures to assist the business in meeting budgetary goals
- Provide build documentation and training for production staff (SOP, CWI’s)
- Involved with creation of line balancing, quality control plans
- Liaise with R&D reporting issues from production builds and assist in design and development of new products, product mock-ups alongside the R&D team
- Updating of processes and documentation triggered by improvement requests or production issues
- Lead design / manufacture / purchase of assembly tooling / jigs / fixtures etc
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive experience in a manufacturing engineering role
- Extensive experience of assembly processes. Preferably including UHV and high voltage systems within in a high Tech / low volume manufacturing environment
- Technical depth to use good judgment to make solid decisions in support of Business Unit’s strategy
- A clear understanding of design for manufacture at both a component and final assembly level
- Ability to integrate well into an established team supporting and assisting colleagues
- Have a working knowledge of Agile, Navision, Minitab, Excel, Word, CAD and MS Project
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Scientific discipline and suitable work experience
- Six Sigma Black or Green belt desirable.
If you have the knowledge and drive to be successful in this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role, APPLY TODAY and we will be in touch to discuss further.