SENIOR MANUFACTURING NPI ENGINEER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Are you ready for an exciting new challenge? This role will allow you to become a key part of a world leading organisation, working on some amazing projects alongside a great team of people.
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
As they continue to expand, they are looking for talented individuals to join them. A brand- new opening has arisen for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. Using your expertise, you will take the lead on the support, development and design of manufacturing processes, flows, tooling and fixtures.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- First class working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
- Leading the development and improvement of manufacturing processes using LEAN principles
- Leads transfer of processes, process improvements, and products from development to production
- Troubleshoots technical issues to root cause in production or in returned product
- Trend and Analyse shop floor efficiency, performance and quality data and generate improvements
- Author’s technical reports supporting development transfers, production problems
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows identifying weaknesses with existing methods and implementing change and improvements
- Provide build documentation and training for production staff (SOP, CWI’s)
- Involved with creation of line balancing, quality control plans
- Liaise with R&D reporting issues from production builds and assist in design and development of new products, product mock-ups alongside the R&D team
- Using your experience to act as a “voice of manufacturing” to Design Engineers
- Lead design / manufacture / purchase of assembly tooling / jigs / fixtures etc.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Extensive experience of assembly processes. Preferably including UHV and high voltage systems
- Technical depth to use good judgment to make solid decisions in support of Business Unit’s strategy
- A clear understanding of design for manufacture at both a component and final assembly level
- Ability to integrate well into an established team supporting and assisting colleagues
- Significant capability and experience in all modern problem-solving techniques
- Have a working knowledge of Agile, Navision, Minitab, Excel, Word, CAD and MS Project
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Scientific discipline and suitable work experience
- Six Sigma Black or Green belt desirable.
If you think you have the skillset and the drive to be successful in this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role, we would love to hear from you! APPLY TODAY and let’s talk this fantastic opportunity over in more detail.