Exciting new opportunity for a highly motivated Test Manager to join a rapidly expanding high-tech organisation, based in South Wales.
Our client is a World leader in the development and production of compound semiconductor materials. With operations in the USA, Singapore and Taiwan, the company has a broad intellectual property and product portfolio. Driven by the macro trends of 5G and the Internet of Things, the company anticipates further significant growth in the coming years.
They have a fantastic new opening for a talented Test Manager to come in and provide a Test Planning and Assurance service to the business unit in order to improve the predictability of testing outcomes. The Test Manager is responsible for driving high quality testing, leadership and direction for the undertaking of testing within the business unit.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Pay (up to £50K p.a.)
- Generous Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Sickness Insurance and Death in Service Benefit
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in bonus and share plans
- Opportunity to travel to the US and Asia
Key Responsibilities of the Test Manager:
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of testing
- Lead, create and maintain Test Strategies covering all test activity by the business and 3rd parties
- Create and maintain Risk Profiles
- Use Risk Profiles to identify coverage targets and drive consensus on these across the key stakeholder groups
- Ensure procedures, templates and documentation are maintained to appropriate quality standards
- Create Estimates that are consistent with coverage
- Handover Strategies, Coverage Targets and Estimates to the software system manager for the management and coordination of the execution of testing
- Monitor and assure the software system manager delivery, facilitating the resolution of issues when required
- Support the testing and development teams through the delivery of the solution
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in a test management role for more than 5 years
- Experience in Semiconductor / Manufacturing is desirable
- ISTQB Qualified
- Experience of testing both desktop and web applications, using Ranorex, Selenium & Xray
- A working knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with the ability to coach and mentor individuals
- Able to develop structured estimates
If you have the knowledge and leadership skills required to hit the ground running in this Test Manager position, APPLY NOW and we will be in touch.