MECHANICAL ENGINEER / SWINDON / COMPETITIVE + GREAT BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Mechanical Engineer looking for a rewarding new role, working with a great team of people in a fantastic environment – then this is an opportunity you will not want to miss!
Our client specialises in the design and manufacture of highly efficient AC and EC Motors, selling over 1 million products each year – as part of their continued expansion, they are looking for a “hands on” Mechanical Engineer to join them.
You will be key to the development of cost-effective solutions for brushless dc motors, motorised impellers and their applications.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Friendly working hours
- Employee discount and incentives scheme
- Excellent working environment, and opportunities to progress to senior roles
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer:
- Lead technically, working in collaboration with production teams, the development of aeromechanical solutions to meet agreed requirements and cost targets
- Completing relevant calculations, simulations and tests to deliver robust, innovative designs
- To complete 2D / 3D CAD design activities, selecting appropriate materials and manufacturing processes
- Take design responsibility and accountability, and to produce clear, concise and accurate documentation of any work completed
- To identify existing product or application issues and deliver robust, proven solutions
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 2:1 Honours Degree qualification
- Experience of prototype development
- Experience of 2D and 3D CAD packages and principles
- Knowledge and experience of the application of fluid mechanics, rotational dynamics, vibration, acoustic noise, material selection, sheet metalwork, castings and plastic mouldings in a product design environment
- Professional, organised, practical, confident, self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking
Ready for the challenge?
So, what are you waiting for? Apply for this Mechanical Engineer role NOW, and we’ll be in touch.