FACILITIES ENGINEER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Facilities Engineer, ready for a new challenge where no 2 days are the same, then we have an exciting new opening that will suit you perfectly.
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
They are looking for a highly motivated Facilities Engineer to join them, based out of their Redhill site. In this varied role, you will be key to the maintenance of the buildings and grounds, while overseeing contractors.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- First class working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Facilities Engineer:
- Manage maintenance contracts for plant and buildings on Site
- Supervising contractors during their time on site. Ensuring the correct permits and RAMS are in place
- Work with H&S/Environmental manager to ensure all areas of the workplace comply with HSE regulations and continuously improve to ISO 45001 and 14001 programmes
- Manage the contracted cleaning company
- Periodic inspections of the premises to determine any works required
- Carrying out emergency maintenance and repairs; plumbing, carpentry, decorating, electrical work
- Manage and implement PAT schedule
- Run weekly fire and smoke alarm tests and organise fire drills with H&SE Manager
- Responsibility for Intruder alarms & premises security company
- Collecting confidential documents for shredding.
- Grounds maintenance
- Office improvements, hanging white boards, assembling tables, chairs ETC
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience with mechanical maintenance – essential
- Facility experience – essential
- Strong organisation skills
- Hands on maintenance skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of H&S requirements on a manufacturing site
- Good communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- 18th Edition qualified - Desirable
If you are interested in this Facilities Engineer role, Apply Now and we will be in touch to discuss this fantastic new opportunity in more detail.