Fantastic opportunity for a technically minded Group Quality Director to join a high-tech organisation, with exceptional growth plans.
Our client is a World leader in the development and production of compound semiconductor materials. With 30 years of experience in these advanced materials, unique IP and know-how, they are uniquely placed to capitalise on this market growth in the coming years.
The successful Group Quality Director will have full autonomy for the strategic direction of the Quality function and will be responsible for ensuring strong customer focus and responsiveness.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Pay (up to £100K p.a.)
- Generous Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Sickness Insurance and Death in Service Benefit
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in bonus and share plans
Key Responsibilities of the Group Quality Director:
- Define the Global Quality Strategy
- Ensure a responsive and proactive approach to supporting customers
- Develop a strong working partnership with Tier 1 customers
- Ensure a readiness for customer and certification body audits across the group
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of the Quality Management System
- Maintaining a proactive and effective internal and supplier audit schedule
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the semi-conductor industry and adjust and amend certification and quality strategy as needed
- Instil a change management and quality culture throughout the organisation
- Develop standardised quality metrics across diverse sites and customers
- Ensure document and retention policies are in place and being adhered to
- Create a development plan for the Quality organisation
- Ensure best practice problem solving through 8D’s and ensure root cause verification and prevention is standardised across the company
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or Scientific background
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior Quality role
- Minimum of Six Sigma Green Belt certified but preferably Black Belt certified
- Working Knowledge of Advanced Quality tools
- Experience in implementing and Managing Quality Accreditation
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and VDA 6.3 implementation & certification
- Leadership experience with a strong track record of success and delivery
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to provide support as a trusted business partner and influence business outcomes
- Ability to work hands-on, autonomously or as part of a team
If you have the leadership skills and technical background that we are looking for, Apply for this Group Quality Director position now.