Building on sustained demand, a new opportunity has arisen for a technical Development Manager to join an award-winning BI Software organisation. As part of a continually growing team you’ll be working with some of the smartest brains in the sector creating innovate solutions which have a positive impact on customers business.
With offices in the UK, USA and Australia, our client is a sector defining software company on a mission to create the very best products to support businesses and they are looking for passionate individuals to join their journey of innovation and growth.
They are seeking a technically sound Development Manager to motivate a talented Development Team, ensuring that they are ready to support and drive forward the business vision for the future of the products.
Key Responsibilities of the Development Manager:
- Work as a part of a team of 30 developing services for a customer base of 1000+
- Manage delivery and releases in your teams
- Plan, track and communicate delivery milestones
- Work with other teams to deliver cross functional stories and resolve issues
- Champion Agile development and software engineering best practices
- Guide team members towards improving their skills and performance
- Work with the CTO and Architects to continually improve code quality
- Own and communicate capture of delivery metrics and work with your teams to improve delivery
- Own and adjust staffing to deliver business needs – lead recruitment activity for your teams
- Facilitate career progression of team members
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience managing mixed technology development environments, including Microsoft and Open Source stacks
- Line management for team exceeding 15 People
- Hands-on experience of managing developments team within an Agile software engineering process, practices and tools
- Considerable demonstrable experience of the full software development life-cycle
- Hands-on development experience of Microsoft .NET and/or Open Source technologies
- Influencing – high level of interpersonal skills
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Pension and Health Cash Plan
- Exhilarating and challenging environment – no two days are the same!
- Fantastic customer base
- Substantial career and personal development opportunities
If this sounds like a place you’d be proud to work, and you want to be part of a team that makes a real impact… then apply today for this Development Manager position.