Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Maintenance Technician, with the passion to lead by example, working with a fantastic team within an excellent environment.
Our client is the World leader in the development and production of compound semiconductor materials. They have developed an unparalleled and comprehensive breadth of technology and advanced production platforms.
They are looking for a dynamic Maintenance Technician to provide Equipment Engineering support to production by managing the various systems in terms of breakdown maintenance, planned maintenance, record – keeping and performance.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Pay - up to £32K p.a. (Dependent on Experience)
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Flexible working
- Sickness Insurance and Death in Service Benefit
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in bonus and share plans
Key Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician:
- Day to day maintenance of manufacturing systems
- Maximising the uptime of all equipment necessary for production
- Continual improvement of reliability and performance of systems and equipment
- Proactive involvement in support of MOCVD process improvement and problem-solving programmes
- Provide site wide engineering and maintenance support to be carried out on manufacturing systems
- Provide medium and long term planned preventive maintenance function and record keeping
- Monitor reactor performance and identify problems and establish and implement lasting solutions to
- Liaise with line manager or equipment specialist on a regular basis to determine current priorities
- To service and refurbish various machine component to the required standard
- To follow set work instructions when carrying out machine source material changes
- Pursue personal objective decided at appraisal and maintain a list of “to do jobs” that may be undertaken in any period of slack during shift
Skills & Experience Required:
- Must have HNC/HND/Degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience of semiconductor processing in III/V or silicon fabrication or experience of working within a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Proven experience of working and leading small teams within mechanical, electrical and pressure system environments
- Ability to problem solve and fault find across various engineering disciplines
- Able to prioritise effectively, make decisions and take decisive actions quickly under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Personal motivation
If you have the knowledge and charisma to hit the ground running in this exciting new Maintenance Technician role, get in touch! Apply Now and let’s discuss this next big step in your career.