Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Principal Engineer, looking for a rewarding new role - with a world leading organisation that has an excellent culture and great people at its core.
Our client is a World leader in the development and production of compound semiconductor materials. They have developed an unparalleled and comprehensive breadth of technology and advanced production platforms.
As part of their expansion plan, they are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer, that has demonstratable leadership qualities, to join their Operations Team in Cardiff.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Rate (up to £55K p.a. - Dependent on Experience)
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Flexible working
- Sickness Insurance and Death in Service Benefit
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in bonus and share plans
Key Responsibilities of the Principal Engineer:
- Enforce department compliance with government, industry, and corporate standards
- Promote improved department safety metrics and manage resources for activities
- Drive root cause analysis and implement permanent corrective actions through the 5Y or 8D process
- Monitor production performance to ensure they stay on schedule
- Provide the resources and activities required to ensure problem free production runs
- Lead project writing and the process of collecting and evaluating data in sound business cases
- Manage to budgets
- Set, prioritize and provide resources to control and improve Maintenance Cost measurables
- Disseminate and ensure understanding of company policy deployment and communicate maintenance goals
- Coach, counsel and teach subordinates to enhance EE department performance
- Manage resources and activities to support organizational priorities within your area of responsibility
- Maximize equipment effectiveness through detailed maintenance plan to improve productivity
Skills & Experience Required:
- Preferably Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or other
- Previous experience in maintenance and/or engineering (+5 years preferred)
- Relevant experience in production
- In depth experience of MOCVD manufacturing processes
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, including working knowledge of Six Sigma
- Demonstrate the conflict management skills
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership behaviors
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Safety and Quality experience preferred
If you have the hunger and ability to succeed in this exciting new Principal Engineer position, APPLY NOW and we will be in touch.