Are you an experienced PMO Lead / Project Manager looking for a rewarding new challenge, with a world leading organisation? If so, we have an exciting new hybrid position that you won’t want to miss!
Our client is the World leader in the development and production of compound semiconductor materials. They have developed an unparalleled and comprehensive breadth of technology and advanced production platforms.
They have a fantastic new opening for a talented PMO Lead / Project Manager to join their award-winning organisation, overseeing the implementation of a new business system that will improve key manufacturing processes.
The successful PMO Lead / Project Manager will work with the Programme Manager on PMO-type work and undertake project management work supporting the project being delivered by the internal team.
This is an 18 Month Contract.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Rate (up to £60k p.a. - Dependent on Experience)
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Flexible working
- Sickness Insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in bonus and share plans
Key Responsibilities of the PMO Lead / Project Manager:
- Planning: Develop detail in and maintain MES Plan (probably using MS Project) and to co-ordinate with Vendors/SI Planner to manage interdependencies
- Work on Business Change plan including Organisational Design dimension of Process work
- Maintain the other programme plans/logs: Communication Plan, Stakeholder Management Plan, Dependency Management, Issues & Risks
- Manage day to day Cost Tracking and the preparation spend requests
- Set up governance and other e.g. RFP supplier schedule of meetings
- Governance: draft agenda and Programme/Project reports
- Support or lead on planning and implementation of projects from initiation, business case development to successful implementation
- Facilitate and develop detailed project plans to include project scope, objectives and deliverables
- Produce and manage issues and risk logs and processes, anticipating and identifying against any deviations from the project plan and reporting and recommending corrective action
- Manage and implement effective change control procedures to ensure the business areas impacted by the project are well prepared for the implementation of the project deliverables
- Ensure the delivery of the project specifications to quality, timelines and budget targets
- Manage contract and procurement management process when appropriate
Skills & Experience Required:
- Project management or equivalent - Prince 2/PMI (essential)
- Lean and/or Six Sigma (desirable)
- Experience in setting up setting up small/medium-sized PMO or managing an established large PMO
- Experience of managing business unit(s) through preparation and implementation of change
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering successful projects
- Experience in using MS Project at a level of complex projects
- Knowledge and experience of both theoretical and practical application of structured project management delivery methodologies
- Proven work experience of working within a project management capacity
- Proven work experience of undertaking sound business analysis
- Practical experience of managing projects that have involved managing several resource teams crossing both business and IT work streams including 3rd party suppliers (essential)
- Show an aptitude for being able to learn and adapt quickly
If you have the charisma and expertise we are looking for, APPLY for this PMO Lead / Project Manager position TODAY and we will be in touch.