SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER – GLOBAL DETECTION / SALFORDS - SURREY / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Are you passionate about providing a first-class supply chain service? Want to be part of a world leading organisation, that continues to grow year on year? If so, this Supply Chain Manager position is perfect for you!
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders, and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
They are looking for a dedicated Supply Chain Manager who will be responsible for managing all procurement, logistics, planning and inventory control activities.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Excellent working environment, with possibility to travel to other UK and European sites
Key Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager:
- Active participation as supply chain lead on cross-functional product development/engineering team
- The development and growth of strategic supplier agreements for all suppliers
- The development of existing suppliers to be competitive with best in class suppliers in all areas
- Develop relationships with OEM partners to improve performance of incoming materials to support specific business requirements and meet external customer expectations
- Ensure full integration of the supply chain team members and deliverables into new product development programs
- Develop and implement processes and procedures necessary to ensure effective selection, maintenance, and development of suppliers
- Ensure that the supply chain team implement strategic supplier agreements
- Drive year over year cost reduction plan
- Develop and implement proactive quality processes with our key suppliers to ensure the consistent delivery of quality products
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive experience in supply chain management, including but not limited to quality management, financial analysis, and contract negotiations
- A manufacturing background
- A proven track record in developing and implementing business process solutions to improve supply chain processes. Including inventory management and improving inventory turn levels
- Experience working with advanced manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to structure work, select employees, inspire performance, foster teams, use/share information and facilitate change
- Proficient in contract management and financial forecasting
- Proven ability to work well with others at all organizational levels, to organize and prioritize, and to participate on cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Degree (or equivalent) in Business or Science/Engineering
- Professional supply chain certification e.g. MCIPS preferred
If you are interested in this Supply Chain Manager role, Apply Now and we will be in touch very soon.