MARKETING ASSISTANT / MALVERN
Exciting new opportunity for a dynamic Marketing Assistant to join a long-standing organisation with an excellent reputation!
Our client is a privately owned manufacturer of ropes, cords, and braids, servicing a wide range of markets including MOD, medical and sailing. They are financially stable, with an excellent culture and opportunities for career progression. Customers are based around five key market sectors, namely, leisure marine, commercial marine, height safety, lifting and small cords. The routes to market include distribution, retail B2B and B2C.
The primary role of the Marketing Assistant is to support the Sales teams with marketing initiatives for existing clients, via brand promotion and development, and generate new business opportunities in the B2B market sector. You will also work closely with the Sales Managers on segment identifiers, targeted campaigns, and SEO.
This will be achieved via digital channels, social media, printed literature, and events which are attended throughout the year including the Southampton Boat Show necessitating the need for planning collateral, exhibition material as well as pre and post event marketing. Some travelling will be required.
Ideally you will have some experience of marketing B2B in a manufacturing, engineering, marine or leisure environment and will have a pro-active and creative attitude with strong organisational skills and an ability to plan. This is a new position with the company offering the opportunity to build and develop the role and add value to the business with pro-active and innovative ideas.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- 29 days holiday (including bank and public holidays)
Key Responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant:
- Maintain and develop the website ensuring it is up to date, informative and relevant
- Produce relevant and targeted digital marketing campaigns across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Writing copy for all marketing collateral, including brochures, letters, emails and websites
- Research market trends and understand the product and customer profile and write thorough specs for each to aide marketing campaigns, website categorization and direct mailings
- Manage and monitor the effectiveness of the different marketing methods utilized for activity, leads gained and opportunities identified including implementing new strategies such as video, case studies and good news stories
- Recording and reporting success of marketing campaigns, monitoring and reporting of webstats
- Liaise with external suppliers (printers, graphic designers, event organisers etc.)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a marketing position
- Ideally educated to degree level or CIM qualified an advantage but not essential
- Experience of managing multiple social media platforms and running social media campaigns
- Experienced in using MailChimp or similar email marketing software
- Current knowledge of SEO and Digital Marketing platforms
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident communication and written skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic personality
If you have the skills and hunger to succeed in this Marketing Assistant role, APPLY NOW and we will be in touch.