CHIEF EXECUTIVE / CHICAGO, USA / EXCELLENT PAY + BENEFITS PACKAGE
Our client has an amazing opportunity for an experienced Chief Executive to join their dynamic team.
They are an ambitious international Software as a Service (SaaS) business based in downtown Chicago. As they continue to grow, they are seeking to hire a sales focused Chief Executive with extensive experience in the manufacturing, wholesale or distribution arena, for their USA operations that is well positioned for increased profitability and is poised to grow with the leadership of the right CEO.
Reporting to the Global CEO, this role will be responsible for leading the USA operations strategic direction, profitability, customer acquisition efforts, operations, budgeting process, financial performance, and customer success. He/she must drive results and accountability through the executive leadership team and the entire organization. The CEO will be able to bring an experienced, professional business process and systems mentality into a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. Finally, the CEO will be a key player in leading the company to a successful and profitable exit.
Key Responsibilities of the Chief Executive:
- Profit and loss: responsibility for building and delivering the regional business plan
- Function as a strategic business partner, enabler, and problem solver in strategic issues
- Continuously drive increases in sales performance, revenue growth, and EBITDA
- Build and lead the business for significant and sustained growth
- Evaluate and establish marketing and sales channels to drive increased profitability and market share
- Churn minimisation and high professional service utilization
- Engagement at C-suite level with key Enterprise customers and prospects
- Collaborate closely with other executive team members to support their initiatives and provide analysis and recommendations
- Establish and maintain a collaborative, cohesive team-working office environment
- Establish organisation as the ‘first call’ provider
- Develop strategic partnerships that accelerate the growth of the business
- Lead international expansion beyond the USA borders (Canada, Mexico, South America)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of working in (or selling in to) high volume, low margin product environments within manufacturing, wholesale or distribution organizations
- 5 years minimum experience as a CEO or General Manager of a division of a larger company
- 15+ years of progressive and upwardly mobile senior leadership experience, including 3-5 years of recent P&L experience
- Experience re-engineering and improving processes that enhance efficiency, increase profitability and support revenue growth
- Used to working in high growth business responsible for all aspects of sales, marketing, finance, professional services, support, HR, admin and legal
- Demonstrated history of driving commercial excellence, EBITDA growth, margin expansion and operational effectiveness
- Business acquisition and integration acumen
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- National and international travel as required
This is a pivotal hire for a growing tech company with an outstanding opportunity to reshape and grow the company. The successful candidate will be rewarded extremely well with a negotiable package available, but more importantly, you will be the ‘right candidate’ for the position and will see the potential to be the one who is making a real impact and driving positive change and growth.