Are you an experienced Project Manager / PMO looking for a rewarding new challenge, with a world leading organisation? If so, we have an exciting new opportunity that you won’t want to miss!
Our client is the World leader in the development and production of compound semiconductor materials. They have developed an unparalleled and comprehensive breadth of technology and advanced production platforms.
They have a fantastic new opening for a talented Project Manager / PMO to join their award-winning organisation, overseeing the implementation of a new business system that will improve key manufacturing processes.
There is a requirement for the successful Project Manager / PMO to join the team in a hybrid role. You will work with the Programme Manager on PMO-type work and undertake project management work supporting the project being delivered by the internal team.
This is an 18 Month Contract.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Rate (up to £60k p.a. - Dependent on Experience)
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Flexible working
- Sickness Insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in bonus and share plans
Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager / PMO:
- To support or lead on planning and implementation of projects from initiation, business case development to successful implementation
- Facilitate and develop detailed project plans to include project scope, objectives and deliverables
- Produce and manage issues and risk logs and processes, anticipating and identifying against any deviations from the project plan and reporting and recommending corrective action
- Manage and implement effective change control procedures to ensure the business areas impacted by the project are well prepared for the implementation of the project deliverables
- Ensure the delivery of the project specifications to quality, timelines and budget targets
- Manage contract and procurement management process when appropriate
- Planning: Develop detail in and maintain MES Plan (probably using MS Project) and to co-ordinate with Vendors/SI Planner to manage interdependencies
- Work on Business Change plan including Organisational Design dimension of Process work
- Maintain the other programme plans/logs: Communication Plan, Stakeholder Management Plan, Dependency Management, Issues & Risks
- Manage day to day Cost Tracking and the preparation spend requests
- Set up governance and other e.g. RFP supplier schedule of meetings
- Governance: draft agenda and Programme/Project reports
Skills & Experience Required:
- Project management or equivalent - Prince 2/PMI (essential)
- Lean and/or Six Sigma (desirable)
- Experience in setting up setting up small/medium-sized PMO or managing an established large PMO
- Experience of leading and managing business unit(s) through preparation and implementation of change
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering successful projects
- Experience in using MS Project at a level of complex projects
- Knowledge and experience of both theoretical and practical application of structured project management delivery methodologies
- Proven work experience of working within a project management capacity, including strategic planning, risk management, change control management and supplier/relationship management
- Proven work experience of undertaking sound business analysis and developing information into concise reports
- Practical experience of managing projects that have involved managing several resource teams crossing both business and IT work streams including 3rd party suppliers (essential)
- Show an aptitude for being able to learn and adapt quickly to the technical knowledge to be able to draft relevant project requirements to work as effectively with partners during a project
If you have the charisma and expertise we are looking for, APPLY for this Project Manager / PMO position TODAY and we will be in touch.