If you are an experienced Patent Attorney or qualified Solicitor, we have an exciting new opportunity that you will not want to miss!
Our client is the World leader in the development and production of compound semiconductor materials. They have developed an unparalleled and comprehensive breadth of technology and advanced production platforms.
Their intellectual property rights have been the driver behind their success to date. They’re looking for an exceptional Senior Patent Attorney to support and drive the business’ intellectual property objectives.
You’ll be involved in the early life of new projects and steer intellectual property considerations through to commercialisation. This is an amazing opportunity for you to play an integral role in future successes.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary (up to £100k, Dependent on Experience)
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Flexible working
- Sickness Insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in bonus and share plans
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Patent Attorney:
- Key contributor in the development and support of intellectual property portfolio strategy
- Draft and prosecute patent applications
- Influence, support and guide research and tech teams with intellectual property related issues through the life cycle of a project
- Analyse freedom-to-operate searches and apply the findings as appropriate
- Advise research and technology teams with regard to potential risks relating to third party rights
- To advise the business in relation to IP issues in all areas
- Provide training and guidance to non-specialists
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current IP laws and practices
Skills & Experience Required:
- UK or EPO-qualified Patent Attorney or a solicitor
- Experience of prosecuting and protecting intellectual property rights on global basis, particularly in US
- Degree in science of engineering would be ideal
- Experience of drafting and prosecuting materials based and/or device-based inventions
- Experience of working with a senior leadership team
- Ability to communicate IP matters to non-IP personnel in a clear and concise manner
- Work autonomously
- Energetic, enthusiastic and use your initiative and expertise to support and drive our technology
- Influence research and tech teams, and challenge established ways of thinking.
Ready for the challenge?
If you have the knowledge and expertise to be successful in this Senior Patent Attorney role, we would love to hear from you. Apply NOW and let’s discuss this fantastic new role in more detail!