LOGISTICS MANAGER / STOKE / COMPETITIVE PAY
Do you have a background in Logistics or Supply Chain Management? Want to lead an established team, with an excellent culture? If so, this Logistics Manager is just what you are looking for.
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
A brand-new opening has arisen for a passionate Logistics Manager to lead the logistics and import/export processes for the shipment of materials/equipment to meet project demands whilst minimising expenditure.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Logistics Manager:
- Manage all day to day logistical requirements including, crating, crane hire, shipping
- Oversee the packing of all shipments to ensure transactional accuracy
- Import/Export Compliance including definition of requirements and documentation support
- Manage issuing of docs for trade / duty relief associated with country to country agreements
- Advise on correct term to be used as per Incoterms on contracts and individual sales orders
- Ensure correct tariffs are used for import and export control
- Manage the issuing of certificates of origin, and legalisation of documents
- Responsible for developing a strategy to deliver year on year freight forward savings
- The implementation and use of a cohesive selection and evaluation process for all current and new logistical / freight suppliers
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) Awareness and Analysis
- Support the Inventory management process to drive down costs
- Monitor and analyse logistical operations and address problems as they arise
- Actively support a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage, mentor and develop an established team to create a high performing culture
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ability to understand complex technical information
- Capable of developing clear and up-to-date procedural documentation
- Extensive overall logistics management experience including project management experience
- Experience of managing/motivating teams
- Vendor management skills/experience
- Following & Implementing health and safety procedures in the department
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise projects
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Sound knowledge around Import/Export, IncoTerms and HMRC regulations
- Logistics and or Supply Chain Qualification/Experience
Apply for this fantastic Logistics Manager position today and we will be in touch.