SUPPORT ENGINEER / BICESTER / £25k - £38k + BENEFITS
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Support Engineer to join their energetic, rapidly expanding team.
They design and develop innovative software for HPC/supercomputer systems across the UK, with a wide customer base in multiple market sectors including academic/research institutions, life sciences, banking, manufacturing and Formula One.
Due to recent investment they’re expanding their product ranges into Europe and the US – they are now looking for an enthusiastic Support Engineer to assist with the development of their suite of Linux-based tools for the construction, management and monitoring of large-scale supercomputer systems built and operated on both physical hardware and public cloud IaaS platforms.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary (£25,000 - £38,000 DOE)
- Exposure to challenging projects, cutting-edge technologies and daily learning opportunities
- Generous group pension scheme
- Small team with a relaxed working environment in a young up-and-coming company
- Training / book allowance
- Flexible working hours - we promote a healthy work/life balance culture
- Friendly social atmosphere
Key Responsibilities of the Support Engineer:
- Work on our key software products managing internal processes, systems and functions
- Work on live supercomputer systems throughout the UK and Europe
- Research design and implement new methodologies
- Develop and integrate existing software programs and platforms
- Participate in group meetings and make presentations to your peers
- Be exposed to cutting-edge software technologies and methodologies and help to move the business forward
- Hands on design / implementation and testing
- Take full ownership and responsibility for delivery of your projects
- Help improve the team/company and product processes
- Be exposed to large scale computer systems and supercomputers, as well as emerging technologies such as public and private IaaS
Key Skills Required:
- Helping people with technical problems, operating systems and systems management
- Working individually as well as part of teams
- Your interests and skills have emphasis on Linux environments and using, installing and configuring open source software
- Working with others both technical and non-technical
- Solving problems; you understand that most business problems can be solved in numerous way
The Ideal Candidate:
- A demonstrable open-source background, interested in Linux system management using development methodologies, experience in open source tools such as puppet, chef, ansible
- Is a fast mover; you have a strong drive to build a career in cutting-edge development and administration
- Has a can-do personality, comfortable with communication at all levels
- Has experience in scripting languages such as bash, ruby, python
- Looking to learn/develop a wide range of technical skills in a challenging environment
- Has a great attitude towards learning new and developing existing skills
Apply Now! Simply submit your CV for this Support Engineer position, and we will be in touch.