PR AND COMMUNICATIONS ACCOUNT MANAGER / LONDON / £32,000 TO £36,000 PER ANNUM
Love marketing? Love the business of hospitality & events?
Want to join a hard-working team and become a key member of a bustling PR agency in London?
Our clients long-standing experience in PR and marketing of the hospitality sector, working with landmark destinations, upscale hotels, venues, cultural institutions, members clubs and affiliate clients has seen them regularly endorsed by the media when clients ask for a reliable, business focussed PR company; this is reflected in the fact that 100% of their business has been won through recommendation.
They are now looking for a PR and Marketing Account Manager with at least three years PR experience, either agency or in-house, and who will be comfortable running successful and diverse press offices for well-known and respected clients. Must have an interest or understanding of the hospitality, meetings and events, hotel, F&B sectors.
The Main Duties of the PR and Communications Account Manager:
- Daily contact with clients and media to ensure ongoing positive communication and messaging is delivered
- Developing creative campaigns and strategies in line with client objectives
- Co-ordinate pitching of stories to media and sell in editorial opportunities
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients, competitors and the media
- In partnership with account directors, oversee account executive’s day to day activities
- Regular internal communication to review account activity, social media, competitor activity and sector overview
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings to assess the progress of PR campaigns
- Event management support, including press conferences and promotional events
- Attending and promoting client events to the media
- Crisis management
As a PR and Communications Account Manager you will be accountable for activating client awareness campaigns through broadcast and print, online and social media, awards and networking. Working in partnership with account executives, PR managers are responsible for ensuring strong client communication and delivering press office activity, as well as making sure that team accounts deliver to task and agreed KPIs.
Helping to ensure the smooth running of client campaigns and daily press office activity, including drafting and pitching editorial to press, social media management and awards writing, as well as ensuring regular client and stakeholder meetings. Overseeing account executives and managing their own individual accounts.
It is imperative that candidates for this role understand marketing and PR and will ideally have experience in travel, tourism or hospitality (hotels / restaurant / catering).
If you would like to be part of their successful team, then apply for this PR and Communications Manager role by clicking on the appropriate button now!