SOFTWARE TESTER / WORTHING / UP TO £40,000 / FLEXIBLE WORKING INC 4 DAY WORKING + BENEFITS
Are you an experienced Software Tester? Ready for a new challenge with a vibrant company, great clients with an excellent working environment? If so, our client has the perfect opportunity for you!
They are a small but growing Software Company, working with an interesting variety of clients specialising in large charities and NGOs. Your software skills will help great causes for those in real need around the world.
The stand-out Software Tester will be capable of delivering using the latest DevOps, manual testing web applications with an interest in developing automated testing.
You will work in modern offices in the beautiful Sussex countryside and work closely as an integral part of the Development Team in Ford (near Worthing / Chichester) and liaising closely with the Sedgefield office.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary (total package worth up to £40,000 – dependent on experience)
- Performance bonus
- 24 days holiday plus Public Holidays increasing with time in service
- Flexible working with option of work pattern working 10 days in 9 days (every other Friday off) providing an additional 23.5 days absence a year
- 75 hrs per week equivalent with flexible working
- Aviva Stakeholder pension plan with employer contributions
- Training and professional certification incentivised and supported
- Appraisals and development planning
- Regular socials and company events
They are looking for ambitious Software Testers, team players with a minimum of three years’ experience. This is a role bringing a great variety of interesting work and responsibility, one you can develop yourself.
- Analysing user stories and planning to identify appropriate test cases to be developed
- Conducting quality testing on projects and issues to agreed processes and timescales
- Identification and communication of data requirements to support testing
- Execution of tests in a manner that minimizes cost, time and undesirable impact
- Raising of issues, defects and observations to highlight errors in systems in DevOps
- Retesting defect fixes and regression testing
- Production of testing guides and documentation
- Identifying innovative solutions to solve complex test problems
- Producing test documentation (test plans and test scripts) to agreed standard
- Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation for use within the test team
- Assisting with any functional queries that may arise from business users following releases
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Computer Science, STEM or other equivalent qualifications
- Business software application testing including: black box testing, functional testing, integration, system testing, user acceptance release testing and cross browser testing
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle processes including Agile
- Organised, thorough, with an attention for detail and commitment to quality
- Good communication skills
- Proactive approach to own personal development
If you have the knowledge and passion to be successful in this Software Tester role, we want to hear from you! Click ‘Apply’ now, and we’ll be in touch!