Amazing new opportunity for a technical Development Manager to join an award-winning BI Software organisation – working with some of the smartest brains in the sector!
With offices in the UK, USA and Australia, our client is a sector defining software company on a mission to create the very best products to support businesses and they are looking for passionate individuals to join their journey of innovation and growth.
They are seeking a technically sound Development Manager to motivate a talented Development Team, ensuring that they are ready to support and drive forward the business view for the future of the products.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Fantastic customer base
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Regular social activities and events
- Lunchtime gaming
Key Responsibilities of the Development Manager:
- Manage delivery and releases in your teams
- Work with the CTO and Architect to continually improve code quality
- Champion Agile development and software engineering best practices
- Work as a part of a team of 30 developing services for a customer base of 1000+
- Own and communicate capture of delivery metrics and work with your teams to improve delivery
- Plan, track and communicate delivery milestones
- Own and adjust staffing to deliver business needs – lead recruitment activity for your teams
- Work with other teams to deliver cross functional stories and resolve issues
- Guide team members towards improving their skills and performance
- Facilitate career progression of team members
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience managing Microsoft based development environments
- Line management for team exceeding 15 People
- Expert knowledge of Agile software engineering process, practices and tools
- Understanding of software development life-cycle
- .Net development
- MS SQL / noSQL development
- Influencing – high level of interpersonal skills
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic
Why work there?
Whatever your role you’ll have the opportunity to work with an award winning and highly passionate team, develop personally and make a positive difference to customers. They have plenty of household name clients around the globe and amazing, employee focused offices in the UK and US, with more locations on their bucket-list.
Their culture is driven by employees and they are proud of the atmosphere created with plenty of social events, commitment to supporting good causes and free healthy snacks too.
If this sounds like a place you’d be proud to work, and you want to be part of a team that makes a real impact… then apply today for this exciting new Development Manager position.